Are you missing Game of Thrones? Me, too. I even started re-reading Dance with Dragons just to hang out with my favorite characters. Season 6 is a long way off and I’m not very patient. I WANT TO KNOW WHO’S REALLY DEAD!!
But there’s a ton of Game of Thrones fun to be found online, so we decided to aggregate some of our favorites this week for you.
There’re these fun facts you didn’t know about the cast:
1. Not having read the books because they’re too big, Charles Dance (Tywin Lannister) was told his character was going to die by a fan.
2. Dance also appeared in the Ali G movie, Ali G Indahouse, in which he wore a red PVC skirt and a leopard print top. Lovely.
3. Iwan Rheon (Ramsay Snow) made it down to the last two when auditioning for the role of Jon Snow, but lost out to Kit Harington.
4. But Rheon really struggles with some of the scenes he has to film because of how cruel his character is.
5. Emilia Clarke and Michelle Fairley didn’t play Daenerys Targaryen and Catelyn Stark in the pilot.
6. While on the subject of the mother of dragons, Clarke was once covered in so much fake blood that she got glued to a toilet seat. As you do.
7. Rory McCann (The Hound) broke an arm, a wrist, and both ankles and fractured his skull in a rock-climbing accident in 1990.
8. And back when The Hound was still hanging out with the Lannisters, punk legend Wilko Johnson (Ilyn Payne) would give McCann guitar-playing advice between takes.
Read more at BuzzFeed.
And HBO is selling this awesome set of Khal and Khaleesi mugs:
Did you notice the dragon and horse heads?
And there’s this amazing list of places every Game of Thrones fan wants to visit in Ireland:
The Dark Hedges, Co. Antrim
also known as The King’s Road leading out of King’s Landing
Castle Ward, Co. Down
as seen in the courtyard of Winterfell
Tollymore Forest Park, Co. Down
where the Starks find the orphan dire wolves
Ballintoy Harbour, Co. Antrim
where the Iron Islands scenes were filmed
Downhill Strand, Co. Londonderry
where Melisandre and Stannis burn the statues of The Seven
Rowallane Garden, Co. Down
the Godswood at Winterfell
Then there’s this awesome Hunger Games/Game of Thrones mashup:
Poor, poor Jon Snow.
And if you’re feeling pretty confident in your Game of Thrones memory, you can take this quiz that boggles the ming at times as you try to pick if a scene if from Lord of the Rings or Game of Thrones.
I didn’t do as well as I’d thought, so I’m off to watch Game of Thrones again from season 1 episode 1. If I don’t sleep, I should finish up in 3 days. Must. Watch. GoT. 🙂